Monday, March 17, 2014

plugging along + photo journal

with only two weeks until REUNION PARTY TIME, I have become expert at keeping myself busy, getting ready fast, aggressive LA driving, taking care of dogs, and oh yeah, being totally awesome as a 6:30am earthquake un-phased me this morning! (My response: Oh cool! I'm basically Chuck Norris)

But the last few days, I have been gru-um-py!

Saturday night was the brink the the grump monster.
Poor Old Aunt Flow, unwelcomingly came back for another visit to lonely Melissa.
So you know I don't like being alone, but now I am alone, grumpy, starving all the time and none of my clothes fit….so i'm basically a total mess.
I don't know if its  a good thing or a bad thing that all i did in my free time last week was watch all 8 blurays of Harry Potter…

ok, i did a few other things.  But getting serious here, there are ups and downs in everyone's life.  Sometimes really exciting things are happening and other times you're just plugging along.
Right now is me, plugging along, and boy, does it feel long.

The minutes at work go by slowly.  I'm counting the days until Ivan comes home. I'm always tired.  I keep getting paper cuts at work.  Days are filled with things to do and the weeks keep plugging along.

I'm glad though.  I'm glad because in 3 more weeks, we'll be together and flying to Singapore and starting a really amazing adventure and the contrast of that excitement compared to these "plug along" weeks, will make the reward so much sweeter!


In the meantime, to make up for the lack of photos I've included in entries the last few weeks, 
here is a photo journal of my last (almost) 2 months in California with my family, without my husband.
just me, having a good time, through the lens of an iPhone 5. 

Feb.  8th 
avoided the color pink

Feb. 11th
went to the temple with my mom

Feb. 17th
took a selfie with my dogs

Feb. 18th
drank unacceptable amounts of diet coke

Feb 23rd
put my feet in the sand at Zuma Beach

Feb. 23rd
made homemade chocolate cake

Feb. 27th
took a selfie at work

Mar. 1st.
 diet coke double take

Mar. 3rd
ivan's bearded selfie

Mar. 7th
chocolate cake double take

Mar. 11th
took another selfie with the dog

Mar. 13th
took another selfie at work

Mar. 15th
bought this beautiful skirt

Mar. 16th
made this beautiful dinner


Thank you Chocolate, Thank you dogs, Thank you bearded Ivan and everything else out there for, 
everyday, giving me a little something to make me happy.

:)M

No comments:

Post a Comment