Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Trip to Taroudant, Morocco & the Goat Climbers


Welcome to Morocco!  It's sort of Middle East, it's Sort of Africa.  
It is truly a merge of both: agriculturally and culturally.  The currency is Durham (also like U.A.E.) but it is specifically Moroccan Durham.  Women's rights is a new Political formation, and it is growing more and more each year.  

We will visit Morocco a few times on our cruise life so I hoping to get to know more and more about it.  We first ported in the city of Agadir and I went on an excursion to the small city of Taroudant.  I wish we could go to Marrakesh while we were in Morocco, but I will settle to a trip to Taroudant, a city some call “Little Marrakesh.”   On the way, we saw these trees that were only native to this part of Morocco and goats ate the skin of the fruit that grows on the trees.  In order to get the fruit, the goats needed to climb them!!  It seriously looks like someone photoshopped goats into trees. 


 
It was soo cool and totally hilarious!  i didn't even know goats could climb trees!  I paid a man 1 Euro (after he asked), I mean, after he caught the baby goat for me so I could hold her.
Isn't she adorable?

Me & my new kid! 


Once we reached Taroudant, we stopped at the Hotel Dar Zitoune and had tea, juice and Moroccan pastries.  Both the pool and garden were beautiful!
 


We went through the souk in Taroudant- always a maze- and I bought a delicious warm flatbread wrapped up with honey.  Most people were very friendly and there was lots to see in the souk. 
  

I saw a snake charmer, who wasn’t that good at being a snake charmer, or at least not what I would expect.  The snake seemed kind of annoyed at him and just laid there, so he held the snake upright in one hand as he played with the other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment