Friday, August 14, 2015

Becoming Jane Porter

I've been Waiting for this Moment....

"Tarzan the Stage Musical based on the Disney Film" has finally opened at Spring Mountain Ranch here in Vegas! It's only been 2 months for me in the works- but many more months for the producers and crew. My experience has been nothing short of magical! I have learned so much about myself, my voice, my body, my patience, but I have also learned so much about love and families!


My character journey is so much about DISCOVERY. The last two months I have been able to slow down and really live in the moment in my own life because that's who Jane is- she is on a road of constant discovery and realization, ideas, tangents and humor are all part of the way she operates: 
340 meters per second! And that's just how I have been- never slowing down!




These are some of my favorite photos we have so far! Everything about the sets, lighting, my costumes, hair make-up and props are seriously gorgeous!


I am simply in love with this show.  Yes it's Disney and yes, it didn't last long on Broadway, but it really is a beautiful show! Plus, it has become more than a show to me.  Not only is it about discovery, it's about love.

The lyrics have such a power and spiritual message:
Put your faith in what you most believe in.
This is SO appropriate because this show has honestly become my religion the last two months- The arts just have that magical way of making me fall in love again and again! I have put so much faith into this show and it has challenged me to trust myself and trust my show family in so many ways!


All the songs repeat the message of faith, love and families. 
It is so beautiful and I am honored to be a part of it.

TRUST
for me that is what I am working on the most-
Trusting my heart and "letting fate decide" has been the scariest thing for my controlling personality to just let go and let things happen- my whole life. But singing those lyrics every night, knowing that there is a real purpose I am in this show and doing the things I am doing, I learn that I need to give all my faith and trust myself!

With Love,
Miss Jane Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment