Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscars, Chocolate & Texting

I love the Oscars.
One day, I will have a beautiful home where I can host a fantastic viewing party, 
or even better, one day I can attend the Oscars.

This year, our night was calm, pleasant and fun.
I had a party of five, me, my sister, my Dad and our two dogs.
Ivan had a party of eight in a hotel room in Worchester, Mass after his show.

The party at home, consisted of a CONTEST that I totally dominated!
Our ballot had 22 categories and I guessed 11 right and won the Toblerone-Golden bar!

The runners-up (and myself) all enjoyed a slice of humble pie..
Ok, it was French Silk and it is seriously to die for, friends!
The book is called Chocolate Never Faileth and it has great advice and tried and true recipes.
I highly recommend it!

One unfortunate part about the weekend was that Ivan is having problems with his phone-
It drops calls, runs out of battery too quickly and it just too old to be reliable.
In a long distance relationship, my phone is LIFE!


Luckily Ivan has an iPad mini and with wifi being so available, 
we can text more often than anything else.
Most of our texts are just sending unflattering selflies to each other..

We are half way through long distance.
I am so grateful for wifi, FaceTime, texting, relaxing Sundays and

xo,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment