Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Come Fly Away

In accordance with my uber-catch up blogging, here's my salute to aviation and public transportation.

My week of travel began taking the 7 train from Queens to Times Square
The downtown 1 train to Penn Station
Searching, Suitcase carrying…
Check into the New Jersey Railway Station and buy a $12 ticket to Newark
A 20 minute train ride
A free 8 minute Airtrain ride
Finally I'm at the airport, on the plane and out of the rain

 I get to Houston, TX and it's 30 degrees warmer.
I spend 5 days with my honey in Austin, TX and Phoenix, AZ and I am warm and happy and safe!




Then back to the grouchier side of the country...

And then Perhaps the greatest aviation miracle of them all.
I managed to Book, Board and Depart from the only West-coast-bound flight leaving New York City during the evening of a January blizzard! It was a dramatic and nerve-racking few hours. 
I was so impressed with the crowd of hopeful, loud travelers, many of whom thanked God or at least "somebody up there" who was watching out for them.
I landed in sunny Burbank, California.
And drove home that night, the next morning, I rose bright and early only to deal with some more transportation issues.  
Do you recognize the outside of the DMV at 8:45 in the morning?
My license had expired and I had to get a new license and they even made me take the written test! 

I panicked.
I was laughing and panicking all the way through it but I missed 3 questions, 
out of the 3 you were allowed to miss and I rejoiced and drove away singing merrily to myself about miracles and graces and the awesomeness of life!


Transportation makes things complicated but we are so,so lucky to have it ALL!!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment