Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Airport Memories

My day of work could not have gone any slower this Monday, only hours before I picked up Ivan from the airport.

I got to the airport early and parked.  
I had everything all planned- where i would stand, what i would wear, what restaurant we would go to afterwards.  I picked up Randy's Doughnuts of the way in case he wanted a snack and I got the perfect parking spot.  I was early and I got to watch some beautiful airport greetings, not as good as those videos of dogs seeing their owner after they come home from war, but pretty cute experiences that made some pretty nice memories for those couples and families. 

When I saw Ivan, I waved at him, still in the tunnel. I waved high overhead and he waved back. We smiled so big.  Then he came through some doors and we hugged for a very long time.
It wasn't overly dramatic, but I cried a little.  We smiled and we were happy.

Seeing your partner after a long period of time away is a very interesting, incredible experience.
It's strange that you can forget someone's face. Even if they are you husband of five years and you've been skyping them everyday for the past two months.  That's two months of not actually see him, and you forget those little details.

Long distance has been an amazing journey that has taught us both to be so grateful and not take each other for granted.  Relationships get so frustrating. Then when you add in travel, finances, timing and human nature, it gets really frustrating.  

On Tuesday, we were blessed with the perfect day.
We drove into LA to the Chinese Embassy to get our Visas.  We went to a park and chose a wonderful meal out of a wide selection of food trucks.  Then we went to the LA Colosseum, Museum of Natural History and the Science Center where we saw the Endeavor space shuttle. We stopped out by the lawn and laid in the sun for a bit, too. We went to our friends for a BBQ dinner and got home in time for some TV and relaxation.  It's so good to be together again.

Now off to our next adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment