Saturday, March 29, 2014

because two is better than one



Whether it's on his right or on his left, I NEED to be with Ivan again.  And folks, it's really happening.  This Monday.

Long Distance, is heart wrenching, patience building, communication challenging, HARD, and just a difficult and bad thing. Try, under all circumstances, not to do it.
It doesn't really make sense when you have to explain it to people.
Sometimes I feel proud. I'm lucky to be married to a talented, wanted guy.
Sometimes I feel embarrassed- every time an old lady friend points it out or asks why I'm alone.
(but who cares about their opinion anyway)
The point is- IT'S ALMOST OVER!!
And we'll never do it again!…until the next job comes around…

Ivan and I have been in love for 6 years.  I know I spent the 19 years before that preparing to be his wife and to love him as best as I could.  Long Distance has taught me to love my husband better, be more appreciative of life.  Be more patient.  Be more tolerant of life. Be accepting.  Be addicted to my iPhone. and hopefully, Be Happy.

In all our (over) six years together, here's our "long distance timeline," or time spent doing long distance, not including small trips:
February 22- March 21, 2008
April 26- June 19, 2008
July 12- August 31, 2008
April 2- May 17, 2012
June 4 - June 15, 2012
January 1- January 14, 2014
February 1, 2012- March 31, 2014

When I look at these dates spent apart, and then I scroll up to all those photos spent together, it doesn't seem that bad at all.

I know we could do it.
xo,
Surviving Mormon Couple

No comments:

Post a Comment