Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Saturday before Christmas


This year, we are doing Christmas just the two of us!
The stress, planning and worry has all been minimized & replaced with more and more shopping and constant trips to the Asian markets in my neighborhood- aka, dollar stores!

 My banners are looking quite excellent and I planned out how I would arrange our table!
Doesn't it look lovely?

One thing to keep an eye on every year is getting an equal amount of Christmas Presents/value per person.  Much of the surprise of presents is ruined when ordering off of Amazon wish lists.  I have to be at home to receive any packages-(hassle) and when you touch them, feel them and wrap em up, you start to figure out which one of the 20 things it is you registered for.  I started to notice two days ago that I had a few more presents sent to me than Ivan did. So this morning, I got on amazon prime and ordered 2 nice things that he actually needs.  When you are commuting everyday and when the weather is constantly changing from harsh conditions, you need a lot more "stuff."  Growing up in California, I needed one variety of clothes: Clothes!  In New York I need: Cold Weather Clothes, Scarves and hats, Snowy weather clothes, boots, long underwear, tights, lightweight clothes for very hot and humid summers, and way more shoes than I've ever needed in my life because I walk around so much, my shoes get destroyed.  
Growing up, my Dad joked: Alright, it's Halloween so from now on, anything you want or need is waiting until Christmas! Even if it's socks and underwear! haha!
But you know what?  There's so much too that AND it makes you appreciate "things" more when you get to unwrap them and receive them as a gift!  I really click with gift giving and it's something that really excites and fulfills me.  I love Christmas so very much!

Merry Christmas!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment