Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Put a Banner on it

Tis the Season to go to Michaels, get out your glue gun & make a beautiful banner to hang in the window!  
Or highlight a series of photos on the wall!
Gold is great because it can stay all year long! Works great for a New Years party too!

Making your banner requires more than a fair share of cutting!  But put on a Christmas movie and the time will fly! 
It took a while for me to choose which pattern I liked best.  Once I chose it, I had to switch to the left side of my brain and turn the banner around so I could glue the backs of them in the correct order.  If a brain fart is bad, my brain let out a big long one because I was sitting there clueless for a while!  
This is the easiest way I can explain it: if you want your pattern to be gold, blue, green, red; and you are glueing them from behind, you have to turn them face down and position them: red, green, blue, gold.  I put one dab of hot glue in each flag's corner and immediately put the yarn down.  You can only put a few dabs of glue at a time or it will dry out before you have a chance to put the yarn on.  It dries immediately and then you can turn it around and your flag will be your desired colors: gold, blue, green, red.  
I bought 4 glittery squares of paper from Michaels, and 4 8 1/2 x 11 sheets and I made 4 banners! All very big! It already makes my house feel festive and I did it all for $7! 
$5-paper
$2-red yarn
What a fun, cheery addition to our apartment!

M



No comments:

Post a Comment