Friday, February 15, 2013

Time for the Close-Up


This post is about Hair and Make-up.  Silly to do a Blog post about this, I know. 


Justifingly:      Make-up is about 1/24th of my life onboard
                        Hair is about 1/12th
                        & Making up words is 1/6th

I spend about 1 hour each day, at minimum, applying/removing make-up
My hair is a primary cause of stress/worry but also pride/joy
&  Wording Liviaciously is goodtimes


When I was 4, my mom caught me locked in the bathroom perched on the sink counter doing over-the-top blush, lipstick and blue eye-shadow, claiming I “was dressing up like Miss Robin,” my ballet teacher.  An early substance abuser, (at age 7 in the picture,) I knew that costumes, jewelry, make-up and accessories, were going to be a big part of my life. The fancy dress code of the ship only feeds my addiction.  I’ve always had thick dark hair and it has been long for a majority of my life. 
 
                         (weird face not included)

To many people’s surprise, I do all my own hair and find the surprise one of my favorite compliments received. J My favorite hairstyles are:

1.     HUGE 80s dew
2.     Straight and flat – you can call it Cher hair, or just California high schooler.
3.     Curly Matata –taking 50 minutes to make ringlets that you spend the rest of the night worrying over. 
4.     Giant No-Worry Bun–created for the sole purpose of getting it out of the way when you wash your face, it stuck around because my sisters thought it was funny.  Now it tells NYC subways, I’m a hard-working 20-year old who cares more about her cute boots than doing her hair everyday.  It goes well with large earmuffs.
5.     French Twist –rockin in every night in the Opera show

 When you’re spending hours in your dressing room, applying different shades and staring at yourself, one can…take a lot of, what our generation calls: MySpace photos. 


I am pretty sure all of these photos were taken on separate occasions.  It proves a couple things:  1. I do a lot of make-up 2. I can look very different depending on how I do my make-up.  3. I am definitely not camera shy and 4. I have too much time to myself.  Did you catch the one of me crying?  I can’t remember why I was crying, but I took a picture of my mopey face. 

My favorite make-up job I’ve ever done was last week for our Equator Crossing Ceremony where I dress up as a mermaid in King Neptune’s Entourage.  This is how I did my eyes: 


If I every have any doubts of whether or not I am a girly-girl, I can re-read this entry and probably be inspired to go become a mermaid again….

xo~missy

No comments:

Post a Comment