Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What a Week!

You know that story 'Foorprints in the Sand'? Well, this was a week I was the being carried- I would never have been able to do it alone! I could show you my calendar, but I don't mean to stress you out any further!

This week was full of late night rehearsals- like home at 12:45am late rehearsals, a full 40+ hour work week, co-hosting the Playlists show at the hotel Tuscany, a show that lasted 9pm-1:30pm, and 6 performances of our Halloween show at Springs Preserve! 
Amongst it all, I made it to the gym twice and one of those times, I came back to my car and found the window smashed open with my purse and wallet stolen.
My credit cards were charged three times, banks were called, insurance claimed, police reported and the long process of protecting my identity has "only just begun." 

Today, Monday, was my day off. My voice is pretty much gone, I sound like a man, I desperately need a massage.
Instead, I spent 2 hours at the Police station filing my Fraud and Auto-Burglary charges, and another 2 hours at the DMV getting a new Drivers License number.

Despite this all, I still feel carried. I only cried once, right before one of my shows I started thinking about why someone would do something like that (smart...right??) and had maybe 3 tears. The rest of the time I was too busy on phones, making claims, or working my actual job or singing in a show! I am so GRATEFUL I had so much going on so had no time to dwell on it and think about "why something like this would happen to me?" or what I could have done to prevent it. Being busy prevented me from going down the dangerous path of "What ifs." And let me tell you friends, the road ain't pretty!

So here's a humble "Thank you" to my friends I get to perform with- seriously being on stage is more and more fun each night. "Thank you" to my husband who is helping me every step of the way and "Thank you" to my HF who is really looking out for me when things could have gone much, much worse! I feel so loved!

7 shows, 6 rehearsals, 5 days of work, 3 fraudulent charges & 1 auto burglary. Not too bad of a week.

XO,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment