Monday, June 10, 2013

Venice Art


Surprise, I’m in Venice again!  And I have to say it has become my favorite place I’ve been so far!

 Today I am writing about the ART of Venice!

Art is everywhere in Venice. 
Obviously, it’s in the museums- Peggy Guggenheim (Modern Art with a 14 euro admission), The Academmia (Italian Art with a 9 Euro Admission), etc.
 
Exhibits: This Leonardo DaVinci Museum was 8 Euro admission and had modern day models of his inventions made from his blueprints

This exhibit was outside the University and made entirely out of cardboard boxes.  It was very interesting and looked hecka fun to play around in!  It was free.
  
This exhibit was new, called Transitions.  There was photography work inside and sculptures in a very picturesque garden. 
 

Art is for sale.
 
Venice has so much shopping, you can’t even keep track!  This was an antique store with vintage rings and other jewelry and bags.  Most shops in Venice carry Murano glass-beautiful artwork and Burano is famous for detailed lace work, so many stores sell dollies, handkerchiefs, etc.

Art is Everywhere
 
Here there was bright colored laundry hanging high in the streets!  Oh to live in Venice- even drying the laundry wouldn’t be a chore! 

I am so crazy about Venice!  Even seeing the library makes me jump for joy! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment