Thursday, June 13, 2013

7 MONTHS ABOARD and The STUFF that got me Through


Traveling through different countries for 8 months made me feel free and adventurous, except when I got back to my tiny cabin every night. 
Everynight in a tiny room with a tiny closet and tiny drawers and a tiny bathroom where you could go potty and wash your hair at the same time in the tiny shower on the tiny toilet that gets clogged all the time… tiny problems is all.

Sea Days were the worst of it- where there was nowhere to go and only boredom to calm your cabin fever..  I want to thank a few things that got me through!

SNACKS
Ivan and I (as well as all the other crew) would always stock up on goodies- salty and sweet galore, and keep them in a drawer under our bed! 

        or on our bed!
 
Happy Mix was a real funny snack that was sold to crew for a cheap price- 2.50 or this whole bag.  Look at all the funny shapes!

Funny Candies- Jelly Babies? 

Not only did I eat while I was bored, I read books and watched probably a hundred movies and tv shows- all thanks to my external hard-drive. 

Aside from getting through boredom, I got through normal life and used up a TON of make-up.  You know how I love my beauty products.. well Ivan sure loves his deodorant and used up 8 deodarants in 9 months since we left home- yep!  I want to tell you a funny story about how I used up this deodorant for the last 4 years.  Not even kidding you, my mom put it in my stocking for Christmas 2009!!  It’s probably from the dollar store too, lol!  Of course it wasn’t the only deodorant I used, I had a few mini ones with the different gym bags I had, but this was the one I kept in the bathroom cupboard for years, and it finally ran out this April! 
 
I want to give a shout out to another bathroom product, this fun shower gel I found in South Africa:

Happy Time!  It smelt like an Orange Creamsicle!
 

LITTLE NOTES

When you can’t text message, you fund yourself slipping notes under your friends doors and leaving notes for your hubby when you are out of the room:

These make me laugh!!
 

Speaking of my hubby, since this entry is called “STUFF that got me through” I couldn’t go without thanking HIM.

Isn’t he handsome?
 
xox-Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment