Thursday, June 6, 2013

Marseilles, France


Beautiful Boat yard of the port in Marseilles, France.
I will be perfectly honest and tell you I don't really like France.  The weather in Marseilles was unbearable windy- my hat blew off two times and it got pretty cold.  We weren't even supposed to port in Marseilles, we were supposed to go to Ajaccio ( wherever that it.)  I (unfortunate for Ivan) was in a grumpy mood all day because it was probably the tenth day of rain and cloudy skies and I couldn't take it anymore, but I had one last smile (anything for the camera, right?)


Things got a little better when I found the most amazing CHOCOLATE and BISCUIT shop!!


La Cure Gourmande :)



And we got to see the arch..

The stereotypes you hear about French people may be, in fact, true.  People weren't very friendly and the weather was harsh, so there wasn't much cause for excitement here.  I have more entires and cities about France to come, so we'll see what the rest of the country entails for us :)
smc



No comments:

Post a Comment