Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Nice day in Nice!





Today was the day of the Grand Prixx in Monaco and it's only a 20 minute drive for Nice, France, but Ivan had IPM and had to stay on the ship, so I took a walk and wondered through Nice.  I FINALLY like France :)  The sunshine and Ferrairo Rocher Gelato were the real kickers ;)
I went into this church- the St. Mary Basillica, downtown and walked around some shops.  I bought some vintage postcards (my collection) and a new hat!  My sunglasses broke right after I took this picture, so the hat sure came in handy.  The town was lovely and it was fun passing the bars and getting a little glimpse of the race on tv!  There are lots of Grand Prixx fans onboard this voyage- but tickets were pretty expensive and nearly sold out.. A nice treat and walk around the city was a nice way for me to spend the day.  I sat at this big wall of benches in front of the beach and wrote in my journal and just soaked up the sun for a bit and it truly was a "Nice" day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment