Sunday, May 26, 2013

FIRENZE- Welcome to Florence!


I <3 Florence!!!

Where I went: Santa Croce
And the Gardens..
 
Piazza Sangria
 
El Domo
 
University of Fine Arts
Where they had Michelangelo’s David (no cameras allowed L

What I ate:

Lasagna il forno 
 
Lemon Gelato with this amazing chocolate fondant on top- basically liked whipped nutella cream- soo good!
 
Waffle with Nutella


Hopefully I will make it back here soon!  The shopping was amazing and there were so many nice people.  The town was very easy to get lost in, but because it wasn’t that large and the people were so nice, it was easy to end up where you needed to be.  Santa Croce cost a 6 Euro admission, but seeing the frescos was SO worth it!  
To see David, it is a 11 Euro admission for the museum which is quite worth it!  They have many Pampolini and Bartolini statues on display, but I couldn’t photograph any of them.  The line to get into the University of Fine Arts(David) was quite long and can take up to 2 hours, SO, I paid an estra 4 Euro to skip the line.  I bought my ticket at 10:45am and I could enter at 2:15 and skip the line!  I suggest doing that if you have the same opportunity.  Seeing Michelangelo’s David was really a once in a lifetime experience and so AWEsome.  It is an Amazing work of art!  Nothing compares, really!  It was so worth it!  As we drove out of Florence, back to Livorno to our ship, we could see the cityscape of Florence.  I couldn’t get a good picture because it was still raining and we were inside a bus, but it was gorgeous!  Florence is a fantastic city and definitely worth a visit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment