Sunday, May 26, 2013

Almalfi, Italy



Ever heard of the Almalfi Coast?  Maybe Capri, Positano, Sorrento, Naples?
This is the coast closest to famous cites like Pompaii and Herculeneum, which are only about 1 hour away.  The coast drive is narrow, steep and breathtaking.  I would LOVE to rent a villa right on the cliff and disappear for a week.  But, I don’t think I have that kind of cash right now.. My daytime trip to Positano and the San Pietro Hotel for lunch was a good little teaser though! 
 
Everything was amazing and it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my entire life! 

We had a six course meal but I only remembered to take photos every other course.

Course One:  Cold Appetizer- breadstick wrapped in proscutto, cold pea soup in a shot glass and a savory cream puff
 
Course Two:  Salad- Cherry Tomato and Arugula Salad with garlic and chunks of parmesean

Course Three: Hot Appetizer:  Cannelloni stuffed with Spinach and ricotta and tomato sauce

Main Course: Choice of Red Snapper with Sun drired Tomato Sauce or Chicken with Champagne Sauce

Dessert: Lemon Cake filled with lemon custard and icing
 


The hotel had some amazing views and I had an amazing day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment