Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The one that got away

Ok, So I've doing a lot of catch-up and I haven’t blogged {live} in a while.  I will blame my anti-blogging month 100% on the Internet.  1) for the internet costing so dang much while you’re on a cruise ship and 2) for constant travel and me not being able to make up my mind and 3) for it taking over a week for the internet to be installed in our new apartment and we’re both driving each other insane waiting.

Ivan and I moved into a new place with a King bed. And because we have no internet yet, and it’s hot and I’ve been feeling sick, I’ve been in the bed about 10 hours a day, dreaming strange dreams.
I had one dream that I was arriving on the street I lived and I was told someone made me a really great surprise on the exterior of my home. I was getting very excited as I approached.  Someone had transformed my house to the exterior of Snow White’s cottage.  It was yellow and white with a cute red door and flowers out front! But when I looked again, it wasn’t even a home, it was just a large tarp with a painting of Snow White’s cottage and 3 cuts on the red door so I could open it and “go inside.” What a disappointment.  

Another dream I had was of myself, only I was about 12 or 13.  I was laughing, making silly faces and being so goofy.   At first I looked really strange to myself.  I looked unladylike and rowdy, and then, I started to fly. Yep, fly, like Superman.  I followed myself in the air, just watching how peaceful I looked.  About 13 years old, flying in the air.  If only I could go back to 13 year old me, goofing off, not caring if I looked lady-like, and flying in the clouds without a care in the world!  (Because on my 14th birthday, I lost my flying powers….)

So I have weird dreams, but I have woken up feeling unconquerable the last week!  I can I do anything.  I can be anything.  I will be happy.  I will live a good life. 

And so, as I take the next several weeks to update my blog, (I mean, I came all the way from Asia, so I’m bound to have some stories to tell) I will take it easy on myself, try not to create a fairytale façade of a life so I’m not disappointed, be happy and goof off a little more (some of you are thinking I may need to goof off less) and work hard to create a good life for myself.  Life doesn’t just happen- you create your opportunities.


 Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment